National diploma, the CAP Engraving professions option A Ornamental engraving increases the possibility of practicing an artistic profession. At the end of the training, the holder of this certificate has acquired the necessary skills to realize, from the drawings or instructions given, the ornamentation of a piece of jewelry or goldsmith’s work. The professional works by hand on a hollow or raised surface, using the tools specific to his specialty. Knowledge of metals, mastery of tools, precision and the ability to control the quality of his works guarantee, among other things, the achievement of the desired visual effect.
The holder of the CAP in Engraving Trades option A Ornamental Engraving can have his own shop or work for an establishment. The main employers of a professional in the engraving trades are companies using molds, medal makers, artisan workshops, printers, jewelry and goldsmith industries. Institutions specializing in furniture ornamentation may also have recourse to the skills of the skilled worker. The latter exercises the profession of:
- Art engraver
- Ornamental engraver
- Character Founder
The graduate can also continue his studies and specialize by preparing a BMA Engraving option engraving of ornament or a Diploma of end of secondary studies of craftsmanship (DFESMA).
- EP1: Realization and applied arts
- EP2: Technology, Prevention, History of art
- EG1: French – History / Geography
- EG2: Mathematics – Physical sciences
- EG3: Modern foreign language
- EG4: Family and social economy, labor legislation
- EG5: Physical and sports education
To obtain the Engraving Professions CAP option A Ornamental Engraving, it must be well prepared. The CFA of the CCI of Maine et Loire – Saumur training establishment, the CFA of the SEPR and the CFA of Eschau offer the appropriate training for candidates.
The training is accessible to students with a third level of the college. A 12-week work placement completes the course. The training program is made up of applied arts and artistic culture education, vocational education and general education.
Teaching of applied arts and artistic culture
- Applied Arts
- History of engraving
- Study of contemporary engraving
- Relations between major arts and applied art
- Graphic representation of the object to be engraved such as the sketch, the notation and the description
- Study of the volume (modeling, model, etc.)
- Engraving technology
- Different types of hand or mechanical tools and their use
- Metalworking such as sawing, cutting and grinding
- Use of acids for etching
- Chemical and physical characteristics of metals
- Study of the principle of extension of the light used in photoengraving
- Calculation of the cost of making an engraving
- Notions of maintenance and prevention
- History geography
- Living language
- Physical education and sport
- Social and professional life
- Legal and social civic education
100% utile, 100% Gratuit
Échangez avec Bobby & trouvez (enfin) votre voie
Certains métiers, formations, écoles, vous intéressent mais vous n’êtes pas sûrs qu’entre l’image et la réalité ça correspond à vos attentes ?
Échangez avec Anaïs (Responsable des Ressources Humaines), Alexine (Étudiante en communication), Karim (coach en reconversion) & de 2 000 Bobby disponibles rien que pour vous.
Pour quels métiers êtes-vous fait(e)s ?
Découvrez le 1er test d’orientation / reconversion en vidéo interactive intitulé : « Le grand saut ».
100% gratuit, 100% utile.